Our True North
To foster small-watercraft education, access, safe recreation, and marine stewardship on Bellingham Bay.
The Community Boating Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit fostering safe small-boat recreation on Bellingham Bay. The CBC was founded by a core of local small-watercraft enthusiasts in 2006 and began services to the public in 2007. The CBC is not a club. There are no memberships and no dues. Programs and services are available to all. Much-appreciated tax-deductible donations, season-pass sales, dry-moorage fees, and rentals of sailboats and human-powered watercraft enable the CBC to provide the safety and skills education that is the core of the organization’s mission. Volunteers are integrated into all aspects of the organization from maintaining boats, assisting with rentals, teaching educational classes, tabling at events, and serving as board and committee members.
The Community Boating Center is a certified Clean Marina! What makes us so clean?
- We wash with vinegar instead of soaps and other chemicals.
- We minimize our use of fuel and oil – we only have one marine motor!
- We recycle.
- We reduce runoff by using pervious surfaces and proper dump sites.
- We keep Spill Kits easily accessible to the staff and the general public.
- We follow Best Management Practices as established by Clean Marina Washington.
- We educate boaters on marine stewardship and how to boat responsibly.