At the Community Boating Center, we believe in equitable and inclusive access to marine recreation. We know being on the water can change lives, and our mission is built around providing our community with the education and affordable path they need to learn and grow on the incredible marine environment that is their backyard. To that end, we offer program scholarships for both youth and adults.
Full and partial scholarships are available, and may be awarded for up to 100% of a programs cost. Scholarships are given as discounts to an initial program payment, and are not available as reimbursements for past or completed payments.
The CBC is able to offer scholarships due to grant funding from the Whatcom Community Foundation, the Corinthian Yacht Club, and individual donors. We are immensely grateful to our community for the support you give to enable others to enjoy Bellingham Bay. If you would like to support youth scholarships, please consider donating to our Youth Scholarship Fund.
Scholarships are awarded based on a family's active participation in a government assistance program or an explanation of special circumstances.
Youth Sailing Scholarships
The CBC works with the Sailing Foundation to provide scholarships for participation in our youth sailing programs.
To apply for a youth sailing scholarship through the Sailing Foundation:
- Your child must qualify for free or reduced lunch. (If your child does not qualify for free or reduced lunch, please see the youth paddling scholarships section below for information on how to proceed with your application.)
- You must file a scholarship application with the Sailing Foundation, as well as with the Community Boating Center, using the CBC's Youth Scholarship Request Form.
- For any questions you may have while filling out the Sailing Foundation application, please contact the CBC by calling the office (360-714-8891) or emailing email@example.com.
- If the Sailing Foundation is unable to provide your scholarship, the Community Boating Center may still be able to provide a scholarship for up to 100% of the program tuition.
Youth Paddling Scholarships
To apply for a youth paddling scholarship through the CBC
(or a sailing scholarship if your child is not on free or reduced lunch):
- You must file a scholarship application with the Community Boating Center, using the CBC's Youth Scholarship Request Form.
- For any questions you may have while filling out the application, please contact the CBC by calling the office (360-714-8891) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for an adult scholarship through the CBC:
- Please email email@example.com with the details of the program for which you would like to register.
- You will hear from staff with details on how to proceed.