The Community Boating Center works with the Sailing Foundation to provide youth scholarships for participation in our youth programs. The CBC offers a limited number of partial and full scholarships each summer season to assist youth of all backgrounds to participate in youth programs, be active, learn outdoors, and have fun on Bellingham Bay. We are committed to providing affordable and safe boating experiences to youth.
- To apply for a scholarship for a CBC program, please follow each of these steps:
- You must file a scholarship application with the Sailing Foundation, as well as with the Community Boating Center, using the CBC's Youth Scholarship Request Form.
- For any questions you may have while filling out the Sailing Foundation application, please contact the CBC by calling the office (360-714-8891) or emailing email@example.com.
- If the Sailing Foundation is unable to provide your scholarship, the Community Boating Center may still be able to provide a scholarship for up to 100% of the program tuition. Scholarships are given as discounts to an initial program payment and are not available as reimbursements for past or completed payments.
- Scholarships are awarded based on a family's active participation in a government assistance program or an explanation of special circumstances.