**Now taking Reservations for Monthly
Moorage for the 2023 Season**
Review requirements and fill out the form Below!
Fairhaven Mooring Buoys
The information provided here is for reference only. The Port of Bellingham determines the cost and policies for the public moorage and may change at any time.
Contact the Port of Bellingham or The Community Boating Center for current rate information and availability.
Public Moorage Overview
- The Community Boating Center manages the day-to-day aspects of the public moorage on behalf of the Port of Bellingham.
- Moorage is available only from May 1 – October 31. Reservations prior to the start of the season can be made only for monthly moorage once the needed paperwork is submitted.
- Water depth ranges from 17-24 feet.
- These waters are a no discharge area. The closest pump-out is in Squalicum Harbor.
- There are no utilities (power, pumpout, water), public restrooms are located at the boat launch.
- The minimum billing length for all moorage is 24′.
- No vessels over 38′ LOA.
The Port Management Area (P.M.A) and Anchoring
- Below is a chart showing the Fairhaven Port Management Area shaded in RED.
- Anchoring is not permitted inside the PMA.
- Vessels left anchored inside the PMA may receive a notice and/or fine from the Port of Bellingham.
- Anchoring outside the PMA is governed by the Washington Administrative Code and managed by the State’s DNR.
- Click here to view the Washington Administrative Code online which pertains to anchoring.
- Members of the public interested in anchoring should contact the State’s Department of Natural Resources with questions.
Daily (Transient) Moorage Details
- Visitor moorage is allowed for up to three consecutive days (after which one must begin a monthly moorage contract).
- No reservations are taken, first come, first served
- No proof of vessel insurance is required.
- The daily rate is $0.50 per foot, with a 24′ billing minimum.
- Payment can be made:
- In-person at the Community Boating Center during business hours. (Check or Card only)
- Using payment envelopes and secure drop-box at the boat launch ramp. (Cash or Check only)
Monthly Moorage Details
- Monthly moorage is billed by the calendar month. Pro-rating is not available.
- The first month’s moorage payment is due in advance and is not refundable.
- Payment can be made online or in-person during the Boating Center’s business hours.
- Vessels must pay daily moorage until arranging a monthly moorage contract.
- Vessels staying from 4 days to 1 calendar month:
- Proof of insurance with at least $300,000 in liability coverage
- Vessels staying for over 1 month:
- Proof of insurance with at least $300,000 liability coverage
- Proof of Vessel Registration or USCG Documentation
- Port of Bellingham must be named as Additional Interest / Insured
Please submit all needed paperwork in the reservation form below!
Interested in Adventuring through the Puget Sound?
Map out your route with the Washington State Parks mooring website.