The 2022 Bellingham Traverse is Saturday, September 10th and we have rental boats, wet exit & recovery classes, and private lessons available to those participating in the paddling leg of the race. Below you can find all the details you should know about the race-day boat rental we offer.
Rental Boats Available
- Sea Kayaks
- Tandem Sea Kayaks
- Sit-on-Top Kayaks
- Tandem Sit-on-Top Kayaks
- All paddlers who want to rent a sea kayak must have experience with wet exits and self-recoveries to rent from us.
- We charge $120 for the full race-day rental. Reservations are required and can be made online, over the phone, or in-person.
- Your $120 rental includes the boat and all necessary safety gear.
- Kayak rentals include a life jacket, paddle, spray skirt, bilge pump, and paddle float.
- Sorry, we do not rent canoes (check out Western Canoe & Kayak in Abbotsford, B.C.)
- Paddle jackets, wetsuits, and dry-bags can be rented at $5/day for each item.
- We require a security deposit of $500 (written check) at the time of boat pickup. As this is one of the few events when we rent our boats off-site this provides protection for us against loss or damage of a boat. The deposit will be returned to you upon return of the rental in good condition.
- Once your reserve your boat you will need to fill out our Special Event Rental Agreement Form and Participant Form which can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Transporting Your Rental Boat:
- You must stop by on Friday September 9th between 12pm – Sunset to sign our rental agreement and deliver your $500 security deposit check.
- Boat & gear transport to the start of the race (to Way Point Park) is available at no additional charge.
- Boat & gear transportation from the end of the race (from Way Point Park) is available at no additional charge.
- Staff will be delivering rental boats to Way Point Park at ~10:00am on race day.
- Our boat trailer and vehicle will leave Way Point Park at ~6:00pm on race day. Gear must be returned before 6:00pm to Boating Center staff at Way Point Park.