To hold a boat for you, we will need the following information:
- Fill out the Ski to Sea Rental Request Form above
- A signed and completed Special Event Rental Agreement emailed to email@example.com
- Fill out and sign our Participant waiver
- Renters must know how to do a wet exit and self rescue
- Opportunities to learn listed below in our Race Prep Course description
Once you have provided us with the above information, we will select a boat that best suits your height and weight and prepare it for you for race day. We will transport all of the boats to the starting location early on the morning of the race.
If at all possible, we recommend that you find a time prior to race day to come down to the CBC to sit in your boat and ensure that it meets your needs.
Your rental includes: a sea kayak, life jacket, paddle, spray skirt, bilge pump, and paddle float. Spray jackets, wetsuits, and dry bags can be rented at $5/day for each item.
All of the sea kayaks that we offer for the race meet the eligibility criteria – however, you will still need to take your boat through the examination booth morning of the race. Boat inspections will occur only between 8:30am to 2:00pm on Race Day.
- $160 rental fee; scholarships are available!
- This includes the kayak, equipment (if needed) and boat transportation to the starting location on race day.
- Until we have processed your payment, your reservation is not complete.
- A $500 safety deposit is required to reserve your kayak
- If paying with a credit card this will be placed as a temporary hold on race day and lifted once the vessel is returned to us.
- You may also write us a check that will be properly disposed of once the vessel is returned.
- Make checks out to: Community Boating Center
- Mail checks to: 555 Harris Ave., Bellingham, WA 98225
Race Prep Class
All renters MUST be able to execute a wet-exit & self-recovery in a sea kayak. Paddlers lacking those skills can learn from a friend, take a CBC Ski to Sea Race Prep Class (listed below), take our Essentials to Sea Kayaking, Rescues and Recoveries course or arrange a private lesson at the Boating Center. This skill is required of all Boating Center sea kayak renters to promote self-reliance and safety. Special Ski to Sea Race Prep Classes are held in May to focus on the needs and safety specific to the Ski-to-Sea race, see details below.