Adult & Youth Programs Open for Registration
The Community Boating Center's full 2015 program schedule is currently online and open for registration. Explore the website to view all of the new and returning programs, or view highlights below:
- Youth Programs - Parents & youth can choose from 10 summer camp sessions this year including Adventure Sailing, Sail & Paddlesports, and Intermediate Sailing. For youth that can't wait for summer camp, the NEW School Year Sailing program is a great way to get out on the water before the school year is over.
- Group Outings - Previously known as "Guided Evening Paddles" this spread of programs includes the popular Bioluminescence Paddles, Sunset Paddles, and Full Moon Paddles. We're also currently working to plan a NEW Nearshore Paddle offered during the daytime. Dates and full details will be shared soon.
- Adult Sailing Classes - New and returning sailors can choose from a variety of introductory, intermediate, and refresher courses. Keelboat 101 and Dinghy 101 classes have been shortened to compliment new intermediate sailing classes Keelboat 201 and Dinghy 201. Students with a basic foundation of sailing and boathandling experience can now benefit from advanced instruction and work towards mastery of skills in these intermediate classes.
- Adult Kayaking Classes - Choose from the foundation Sea Kayaking 101 course, Wet Exit & Recovery classes, and more. For those new to paddling, Experience Kayaking remains an affordable opportunity to try out sea kayaking in a safe and fun setting.
- Rowing Classes - More Sculling 101: Introduction to Sliding Seat Rowing courses are currently being planned. If you've caught the rowing bug, come visit the CBC to see the unique fleet of sliding-seat rowboats available for use in classes and rentals.
- Private Lessons - As always, the CBC can arrange private lessons in sailing, kayaking, and rowing.
2015 Ski to Sea Kayak Rentals
The Boating Center has begun taking kayak reservations for the 2015 Ski to Sea Race on Sunday May 24th. Click here for full details on boat rental, cost, and race-day logistics. Call the office at 360-714-8891 to make a reservation.