This past summer, you helped more than 2,600 individuals connect with Bellingham Bay, and provided more than 5,700 educational hours in sailing and paddling.
We give immense thanks to each of you - you are the reason our community has reliable and sustainable access to their rich marine environment!
It’s a simple equation: your financial support equals a lifetime of safe learning, and a love for recreation on the water. By making a gift to the Community Boating Center, you open doors for thousands of new students, especially children and their families, who have never before experienced learning on the water.
Today, we are asking you to renew your support of the Community Boating Center. Please consider increasing your gift, to help grow the programs you value most.
When you give, you create the type of life-changing experiences necessary to push students beyond internal and external barriers, and in the process, support them to become far more resilient individuals. As our students learn, the transformation is visible and quantifiable. Gaining confidence in one’s ability to overcome, while growing boating and navigation skills, creates real opportunities for students to believe that they are capable of reaching even greater heights.
Thank you for believing as we do, that a healthy and thriving community values safety and accessibility for people of all backgrounds.
Every dollar you give supports our programs and scholarships, ensuring that your Community Boating Center is truly a place for all people, including those who are underserved and have low income.
- $350 (or $30/month) gives a local child, like the one pictured above, a week of sailing and paddling camp, where they'll get a break from life's challenges while building skills in team-work, communication, decision-making, and marine stewardship.
- $275 (or $23/month) connects a local woman with other women sailors - as they learn fundamental sailing skills in a group setting, and nourish each other's growth as community members and boaters.
- $150 (or $12.50/month) empowers a group of ten at-risk youth to build confidence and self-esteem learning the basics of paddling on Bellingham Bay.
- $50 (or $4.50/month) prevents a drowning by ensuring students and renters have access to high quality PFDs and safety equipment.
- $25 buys a spill response kit, so that we can keep our shoreline clean and safe for everyone to use.
As our community's needs continue to evolve and expand, we need your help to meet them. Please donate, and directly grow the next generation of boaters.
Now Seeking Volunteers!
Do you love building community and spreading a love for boating? Then you might be a perfect fit with the Community Boating Center's team of dedicated boating enthusiasts.
We're seeking individuals with a variety of skills, including: rich programmatic and educational experience; sailing and kayaking skills; strong and dynamic team management skills; engaging community outreach abilities; fleet and facility maintenance and repair knowledge; and a drive to spread boating knowledge and passion.
View our hiring page for more details and to apply.
Immense Thanks to our Sponsors!
Each of our listed sponsors play a critical role in nurturing a community that has affordable and equitable access to their marine environment; ensuring that responsible boaters and marine stewards are always growing throughout Whatcom County and beyond.
Join our sponsors and help ensure sustainable pathways to the water for generations to come!
View the 2019-2020 Sponsor Packet and get started today.
The Community Boating Center is a certified Clean Marina! What makes us so clean?
- We wash with vinegar instead of soaps and other chemicals.
- We minimize our use of fuel and oil - we only have one marine motor!
- We recycle.
- We reduce runoff by using pervious surfaces and proper dump sites.
- We keep Spill Kits easily accessible to the staff and the general public.
- We follow Best Management Practices as established by Clean Marina Washington.
- We educate boaters on marine stewardship and how to boat responsibly.